OUR VISION REMAINS:
Better communications for better access to health care.
INFOTELMED COMMUNICATIONS, one of Canada's well-known consulting and applied research companies specializing in planning, evaluating and designing tele-educational materials about telehealth is now focussed on developing products that provide information to the general public about telehealth in a new book through stories from around the world. Be the first to obtain this book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This book is available now in hard copy and as an e-book*. What is it about?
- Canada was an early adopter of telehealth and e-health due to the large distances that separated people from medical advice and health professionals far away.
- Today, telehealth is more than simply connecting patients and providers over large distances:
- Using different systems, telehealth combined with e-health,
- facilitates emergency rescues and access to information,
- permits ongoing monitoring at home for patients with chronic diseases,
- helps aging health care consumers live at home independently,
- shortens wait times to treatment and diagnosis
- increases personal awareness with reference to healthy lifestyles
- permits digital images to be stored, retrieved and transferred across the miles
- accelerates access to advice, information and care.
- Through many examples - from emergency rescues at sea to tele-counselling , the book shows the impact telehealth is having on patients, and health care professionals worldwide.
- The examples and stories in this book will open the reader's eyes and surprise even knowledgeable and experienced practitioners.
- *THROUGH A PARTNERSHIP WITH INGRAM SPARKS THE E-BOOK VERSION IS AVAILABLE FROM E-RETAILERS ALL OVER THE WORLD: AMAZON, BARNES AND NOBLE AND MANY OTHERS.